Criminal Defense Services in South Carolina
If you have been arrested or believe you are under investigation for a criminal offense in South Carolina, it is imperative you act quickly to obtain an experienced and knowledgeable criminal defense attorney. The Law Office of Nick Thomas LLC is committed to providing thorough and tenacious legal representation. We highly encourage you to call the firm at (843) 580-2058 for a free consultation so that Mr. Thomas can evaluate your police report, answer any questions you may have, and advise you of the next step in preserving your freedom.
Attorney Nick Thomas has defended a wide variety of criminal charges, including:
DUI/Driving Under the Influence
- It is crucial that you hire an attorney who has thorough knowledge of the South Carolina DUI laws, the DataMaster breathalyzer, and law enforcement procedure. A DUI conviction can cost you thousands of dollars in insurance premiums, restrict your international travel, and become part of your permanent record. Under the new South Carolina DUI laws, you may be forced to have an Ignition Interlock Device installed in your vehicle at your own expense. The potential costs of a DUI conviction make it all the more important to hire a quality DUI attorney as soon as possible. Attorney Nick Thomas has attended many DUI seminars and learned the proper law enforcement procedures required by officers before, during, and after a DUI arrest. Don’t assume you are guilty or innocent on what an arresting officer may have told you. Every DUI case is different and it is imperative that you promptly hire an attorney who can break down the evidence thoroughly.
- Driving Under Suspension
- Failure to Stop for Blue Lights
- Leaving the Scene of an Accident with Great Bodily Injury
- Speeding / Reckless Driving / Traffic Violations
- South Carolina law categorizes over 125 different drugs, including marijuana, cocaine, heroin, and a wide variety of prescription medications. In addition to a jail sentence, penalties can include large fines, seizure of your home, property, vehicles, and cash.If it is your second drug offense in South Carolina, you may be subject to a penalty enhancement even if the drugs are totally different from your first offense. If your arrest involves a search and seizure on your person, in a car, in your home or elsewhere, the Fourth Amendment may have safeguards that could suppress evidence that was seized unlawfully. Attorney Nick Thomas has defended clients for nearly every drug offense in South Carolina, including arrests for:
- Drug Possession
- Drug Distribution
- Drug Trafficking
Criminal Domestic Violence / CDV-HAN
- Just because you were arrested for CDV does not mean you are guilty. An angry spouse or loved one cannot make the police drop the charges because he or she “overreacted”. Your case will be turned over to a solicitor who specializes in CDV prosecution. A CDV conviction can restrict your ability to own or posses a firearm of any type, including rifles and shotguns for hunting purposes. Protect your freedom by retaining Attorney Nick Thomas to fight your battle in court
Major Felonies, Misdemeanors and Traffic Tickets
- Weapons / Firearm Possession
- Assault and Battery / ABHAN / Assault by Mob
- Attempted Murder
- Burglary / Theft
- Armed Robbery
- Accessory Before and After the Fact
- Malicious Injury
- Probation Violations
- Municipal tickets or violations on Folly Beach and throughout South Carolina.
There are many possible defenses to the crimes listed above. A criminal conviction of any type on your permanent record can have terrible repercussions on all aspects of your life. It is crucial to seek quality legal representation as soon as possible. Call (843) 580-2058 now and schedule your free consultation.
Serving the entire Low Country of South Carolina, including Bamberg, Berkeley, Calhoun, Charleston, Colleton, Dorchester, Hampton, and Orangeburg County and the following cities and towns: Folly Beach, James Island, Hollywood, Ravenel, North Charleston, Hanahan, Mt. Pleasant, Isle of Palms, Sullivan’s Island, Goose Creek, Ladson, Moncks Corner, Cross, Summerville, Lincolnville, Ridgeville, Harleyville, St. George, Holly Hill, Vance, Eutawville, Santee, Elloree, Cameron, Bowman, Branchville, Cottageville, Walterboro, St. Matthews, Cordova, Bamberg, Hampton, Yemassee, and Manning.